Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ducati creates a short film with the iPhone 4

Amazing that the video was shot solely with an iPhone, also amazing ride on the Multistrada, I think I'd like one of those....

 

Ducati creates a short film with the iPhone 4: "

Filed under: ,


I have to eat my words -- despite my belief before launch that an iPhone 4 wouldn't be hard to find without a preorder, I'm still waiting to get the chance to buy one. But I got to play with another one last night (that screen!), and just like every other time I've had a chance to use it, I've been very impressed by the back camera. Both stills and HD video look really amazing when taken with that thing. Here's another example: the Ducati motorcycle team filmed the entire commercial above on eight different iPhone 4s over a period of four days -- watching it in HD shows off just what this camera is capable of.

They did use the Owle Bubo, which explains some of the better shots a little bit. And you can also see that slight shudder so common to low-end HD cameras, especially when the camera pans quickly or tries to capture fast motion. But especially without color correction, the images still look terrific for a camera on your phone. The audio is great as well, but I'm not convinced they did that with only a phone. The final video was edited together in Adobe Premiere, just because 'there were enough unknowns' without trying to use iMovie on iPhone for the first time.

TUAWDucati creates a short film with the iPhone 4 originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ReadPermalinkEmail thisComments

Add to diggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to GoogleAdd to StumbleUponAdd to FacebookAdd to RedditAdd to Technorati

iPhone - Ducati - Unofficial Apple Weblog - Apple - Owle Bubo"

 

(Via The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW).)

No comments: