Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sharing Calendars

We use MS Exchange at my office for mail.  It's not that we believe it to be the greatest necesarially however everyone is familiar with the features and functions and we it doesn't really cost us that much to run.

One of the perennial things about scheduling appointments, particularly with people outside our organization, is that it's challenging to coordinate unless you continue the volley of e-mails back and forth.

What I'm going to make one of my minor goals in the next few months is an elegant means of scheduling appointments.

Office 2007 - 2010 on Windows actually does a pretty decent job of publishing your calendar to Office Live.  I'm going to play with that a bit more.  I also wouldn't mind if I could publish my calendar to Google Apps (sync it really) and share it from there.  We'll see, the publishing part really isn't going to be that difficult, I think getting others to use my calendar or subscribe to it will be much more challenging.

No comments: