Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Parallels for Mac Setup for Networking

Networking on Parallels (for Mac) has improved dramatically since its original release. It still has a few options which can trip up people, including most recently, my dad. Like most things, there's more than one way to do the job and accomplish the task at hand but this is the quick and easy.

So, for Dad, I've sent him instructions and a link to the blog!
  1. Go to Parallels Desktop Preferences: Network Section\Connection type , all other boxes empty or unchecked or default
  2. Memory I have set to automatically allocate
  3. Then, within the virtual machine that you'vecreated, go into its Preferences/Settings
  4. You can't see it on mine but I've selected Bridged Networking on my virtual machines, and then Ethernet (but that's b/c mine are cabled)

No comments: