Monday, November 12, 2012

This Week's Reading - 20121112

Five Must-Have Windows 8 Apps - Petri

Home - AppyFridays - Free app bundle if you act before this Friday

Ducati - Model year 2013 - model year 2013 - New Ducatis, awesome new water-cooled Hypermotard, though I'll miss the sound of the air-cooled twin…  The Hypermotard would be crazy fun in the hills of West Marin/Sonoma...

Curtains for cursive? Typing replaces handwriting in schools | Crave - CNET - not at my daughter's school, but I see it coming.  I was trying to remember how to write a cursive capital 'S' (not the one I use, but the 'real' one) and had to look it up online!  I love the author's description of her own decline of handwriting:  "I used to be able to write perfectly respectable cursive, but now it has degenerated into an unholy abomination of mixed print and cursive letters, none of which are particularly readable. Every time I go grocery shopping, it turns into an exercise in code-breaking as I try to decipher my scribbled list."

Living with the iPad Mini: Three weeks and counting | iPad Atlas - CNET Reviews

Squier by Fender® USB Stratocaster Guitar - Apple Store (U.S.) - maybe it's time I picked up an axe again...

FortiOS 5 Introduction Webinar - YouTube - From a pretty neat firewall vendor (Fortinet)

Adding subscribers to your photo streams | Macworld

How to Fake Success, Friends & Sexual Partners (with photos) - YouTube

Netherlands Sets Model of Flood Prevention - NYTimes.com

Take engaging photos using the rule of thirds | TechHive

10 things you should consider when virtualizing enterprise desktops | TechRepublic

Five reasons Microsoft Lync 2013 matters | PCWorld

5 best Android and iOS benchmark tools | News | TechRadar

How to make your own Fusion Drive | Macworld

No comments: