Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Interview Questions

I came across an article recently in CIO.com with some good interview questions, I thought I'd share them here:
  • How does this position fit into you major life goals?
  • Please tell me about your biggest failure and please don't share with me one of those failures that is really a success. If a candidate hasn't failed (botched project, whatever) and learned, then they probably aren't right for the position I am hiring for.
  • What three things do you require from me to be successful?
  • Give me an example of when you have told your boss, to their face, that they are about to make a stupid decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that are serious questions. I've never had those asked of me - cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri:)

Anonymous said...

I agree, they are serious and I think they are excellent questions. I have told my boss several times that he is making a mistake, but haven't used the term 'mistake'.

Mom