Thursday, February 7, 2008

Office 2008 (Mac) is now on MVLS


For the corporate/enterprise customers who are on a Microsoft agreement, I just noticed that Office 2008 for the Mac is now available for download!  I didn't notice any flavors, just 'Office 2008' so I suspect the Special Media Edition is not part of that.  I do have my personal copy on order as a part of the deal they ran in the last quarter of 2007.
I post while I await the download.  I didn't notice any license keys so hopefully it's embedded in the installation like it was for Office 2004.  I beta tested Office 2008 a couple of months ago and it was pretty buggy so I'll definitely be backing up my 'Microsoft User Data' folder before installing since the 2008 installation needs to 'upgrade' the Entourage database.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And on my MLVS version the license key is built-in. So far so good!

I did have a minor issue where the fonts in Safari were off as well as text spacing. A restart of Safari resolved it though.

My Day is working correctly now, whereas it never did in the Beta. Though it may seem small this is definitely one of my favorite features of 2008.