Sunday, January 27, 2008

Job Search Update

This past week represented a sizable amount of activity on the job search front. It started off with two interviews with very notable academic organizations. Both were for director-level positions. I also had another interview scheduled with a noteworthy online library service although I withdrew from consideration on that one--the scope and size of the position wasn't what I was hoping for although I'd be proud to say they were my employer. The big surprise of the week though was being contacted by a recruiter from a company in the Sierras. It was a long but comprehensive phone interview. The company's business model is interesting and they're rapidly growing. The particular position isn't as high level as what I would consider ideal but on the other hand there are some great technical projects coming up that could be a lot of fun to work on--ones that I know I'd personally enjoy quite a bit.

I ended up withdrawing from one of the searches with higher education--the pay was okay (not enough to live in the town itself, I'd have to live in an adjacent town) but the scope of the position in the near term is smaller than what I'm accustomed to and the area itself is not very attractive to me.

In about a week I'll be heading to Portland, OR for an interview up there with another higher-education organization. It's not as prestigious as the two from this week past but the scope of the position is greater. It looks like they've started to implement some of the technologies I've worked with. Could be interesting... I hope to hear back from the company in the Sierras--I'd like to look at this one a bit more. I like the location, although, ideally I'd like to stay in Petaluma but unfortunately I don't have any good leads on anything in the area yet.

No comments: