Friday, January 18, 2008

This Week's Job Search Update

So this week a couple of new prospects popped up. One is a CIO position to which I applied back in October, the other was one with a prominent California university to which I applied last week. Both are interesting in their own regards and I'm flattered to be considered for both. I'll be doing on-site interviews with the two organizations, one will require plane travel and we'll make a family outing of it because Carrie and Sadie will come along. Carrie will check out the real estate and activities in the area while I'm in 2 days of interviews. Should be a good time for her, 2 days of interviews will be interesting. When I interviewed with UNR I think that was about 14 hours of interviewing from start to finish so this could be even more quite the time!

On top of that, I received a note from a company right next to SF who came across my information so this is another unsolicited inquiry where they found me. We've exchanged pleasantries now and we'll see how the rest goes. Earlier in the week a couple of prospects I was excited about didn't pan out for various reasons but it seems like the week is wrapping up a little more interesting. Now if only we could do something about the stock market.....

No comments: