Tuesday, August 5, 2008

iPhone v. BlackBerry?

John Halamka has another great post, this time he reviews the iPhone versus his almost surgically attached BlackBerry. This is really a very user-centric review and covers the major usage areas of both.

My personal experience, however is a little different. While I don't think that I've ever had to respond to as many messages as John from my BB, I have had type-offs with a few of my friends who are pretty fast with the BB and while I don't think I'm particularly fast with the iPhone, I was faster and more accurate than all of them. Of course, YMMV. In e-mail, I do like the access to folders on the iPhone far more. RIM (BB maker), seems to be the only device though that can reliably work for more than a single full day of use without needing a charge. I'm not sure how they do it but Apple, Motorola, Samsung, and the other Smart Phone manufacturers don't seem to be able to get how to do that yet.

No comments: