Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas


Christmas came and went and while it was the first time in 12 years that I wasn't in a house of my own, it was still really nice. Carrie did an outstanding job of getting the apartment ready with decorations, a nice tree, and she made a wonderful Christmas dinner with ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, and my mom made her signature butter with mashed potatoes (she uses a lot of butter, but they're so good). Sadie was dressed up in her official Christmas outfit much like Santa's helpers. My mom flew in for a couple of days from Montana and my brother Kevin and his fiance Shawn were in for about 30 hours on their return from visiting my brother Pippa in Australia.

My mom really had a great time with Sadie. The two of them got along famously and they spent so much time together playing and laughing.

It was a quick Christmas visit and I am resolved to be in a nice home by the same time next year and it will be even more grand but as it was, we had a great time.

No comments: