Friday, July 31, 2009

NetNewsWire Syncing

As the avid RSS users might have heard yesterday, News Gator is discontinuing its RSS subscription/synching service that's been freely available for the last several years.

Rob Griffiths details it in ComputerWorld.

I migrated last night and the lack of clippings being supported is huge, I'm really saddened by it and am going a little stir crazy as I have flagged and starred articles on 4 different computers and don't have a way of consolidating those yet, ugh!

If there were a reasonably priced pay option, I'd be on it. It's just become such an integral part of the way I get my news I'm lost without it and while I'm grateful to have a quasi-workaround with the Google Reader, I'm already in withdrawals!

If you have suggestions for a good replacement, let me know.

Aron

No comments: