Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parallels for Mac and Network Loss

After updating to this week's security update for Leopard on my desktop computer, I no longer had network on my Parallels virtual machine Windows XP. I also noticed under Mac's System Preferences/Networking that I had self-assigned IP addresses under the section for Parallels Host-Guest connection (starting with 169.x).

I closed my virtual machine under Parallels and went into the preferences for Parallels and ticked and unticked the network section's DHCP scope. I watched the System Preferences and as soon as I re-ticked the DHCP scope, my network connections were getting IP addresses.

This has happened to me in the past and others but after seeing this work, it will save a lot of time compared to what had worked for me in the past.

No comments: