Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Sadie

Dear Sadie,

Sadie.jpg
You're quite a kid, you're quite a kid. Sunday was a day filled with lots of garage time for your dad as he needed to tend to a lot of long-overlooked vehicle and chore maintenance. I brought you out to the garage with me along with some snacks, books, and toys and you were not only a good sport but you actually had a lot of fun. You pretended to drive the Jeep and the truck in the driveway while I washed them and we 'beeped' at each other. You helped out by cleaning rocks out of the hitch and I mostly got the grease off your arms. You inspected the fun-level of the bed of the truck and ate your cheese and crackers and then practiced your drums on the wheel wells. We took a break after a while and you got to ride your trike around the neighborhood, and your feet almost reach the pedals now so I know it won't be long before you don't need me to push you on your Radio Flyer.
RadioFlyer.jpg
Even after dinner you hung with me sitting on the center console of the truck while I worked on getting the iPod adapter hooked up and shined the flashlight for me, though it was mostly in my eyes ;-). Heck, your mom had to come and get us when it was past your bed time.

We had a good day, we gave your mom a break from both of us, we entertained each other, you might have learned a few things about vehicles though I didn't get to teach you the typically associated cursing as the projects went smoother than expected.

After your bath and story, I set you down on your bed and tucked you in and you, with your pacifier in your mouth, said 'Papa' and looked into my eyes. You reached out toward me and kicked off the blankets for a final hug of the day and I then put you back in bed.

Sadie, we had a great day, and possibly more than any time since the day you were born, made my heart glow at being a dad and it really makes me happy that you and I can hang out doing 'garage stuff' and we both had fun doing it. You're already a lot of fun, Sadie, and I know you're going to be the coolest kid around.

Love,

Papa

2 comments:

CarrieAlair said...

Oh, that is so sweet! What a wonderful post Aron. I love you!

Grandma Z. said...

This is your mother here wondering how I got so lucky as to have a son who loves to hang out so much with his daughter. This was beautiful.

Love,
Mom