Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Print PDFs directly to iPod touch (and iPhone)

This is pretty cool, kind of along the lines of turning your phone into your digital wallet. Next up, I need to scan my Safeway and other member cards to see if they can be scanned at the register!

Print PDFs directly to iPod touch (and iPhone): "I frequently want to print copies of maps, directions or other things to take with me on the road. Since I found the app Air Sharing for my iPod touch, I can save the docs to PDF, and then copy them to my iPod touch for offline viewing. I put together an Automator workflow [65KB download] that allows me to do this directly from the print dialog box.

To configure the workflow, put the (unzipped) downloaded file into the /Library/PDF Services folder. Open the workflow in Automator, and then set the IP address of your iPod touch or iPhone in the first line of the AppleScript action, and set the save to location in the last action to the desired location on your iPod touch/iPhone. (Note that you need to have the iPhone/iPod touch mounted via Air Sharing to use this workflow.) Finally, save the workflo...

Add to digg
Add to Reddit
Add to Slashdot
Email this Article
Add to StumbleUpon


"



(Via Clippings.)

No comments: