Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Music

I never really expected to post something about music but I've been listening to a band called the V.L.A. lately and am really enjoying their music. The V.L.A. is the group whose song "When I Am Through With You" was used for the FX series 'Damages' that recently concluded. That song was entirely apropos for the series and the other songs of theirs that I've been able to locate are as good or better. It's of the rock genre and reminds me of the Cure, some guitar work similar to U2, particularly during the Joshua Tree period, and the Church. The lyrics are sometimes a little dark (but hey, I like Nine Inch Nails so that is fitting). Most songs have a haunting melody about them and while no particular element of the music or lyrics strikes me as being profound or brilliant, the sum is certainly greater than the parts. Their E.P. is available through the iTunes Store and they had a song or two available from their MySpace page the last time I checked.

No comments: