Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Future of Job Seeking

Much is being written about having your own online identity and presence and management of that. I think it makes sense, I certainly Google on every applicant and business partner I deal with. So what about someone considering me as a potential employee and they can find plenty about me online (much of my own contributions/publications as well as a lot of stuff from forums and my time with the University of Nevada) but I can't find anything about them? I suppose it's a personal choice but if someone or a company claims to be embracing new technologies and is interested in me as an applicant because of my enthusiasm and I can't find anything about him/her, should I pursue the position?

This is certainly not bleeding edge thinking but perhaps leading edge. What's the future hold on this?

No comments: