Saturday, November 17, 2007

Motorcycle Therapy


The last couple of months have been a whirlwind and most of my free time has been occupied with job searching. I was thinking of going camping this weekend but Carrie didn't much feel like it and she suggested a long motorcycle ride. That sounded like a pretty good idea so I headed out for a good ride on the VFR. I set up a new playlist on the iPod and I was off. I headed out toward Bodega Bay and north on Highway 1 (PCH) up to Mendocino and then back down Highway 128 to Cloverdale and back to Petaluma on 101. I left around noon and didn't eat anything until I got to Cloverdale around 3:30 PM. I guess that's what happens when you're having fun. There are few things like an all-day ride to clear your head. Highway 1 is a spectacular road--one where you want to take in the amazing scenery but also where you want to maximize the ride by hitting all the corners just right. It was mostly foggy on the ride up with the slightly slimy mist that gathers on the visor. It gave me good time to think about the job search and the current options. I can't say that I drew any conclusions but I feel like I have a better sense of the pros and cons of each. For me there are few things more satisfying than a full day's ride on some outstanding roads. Thanks to Carrie for the suggestion and giving me the afternoon to amuse myself!

No comments: