Friday, November 30, 2007

Of Life


My baby girl is approaching a year of age. It's been a fascinating experience becoming a parent and priorities change and time scheduling is a delicate and fragile dance but it's totally worth it. Of course the first three months are a blur and you certainly question what the hell you were thinking in that period. After that you either get numb or it gets better, I think it's mostly the latter.

I can't describe how excited I am to get home and see my family after being gone all day. I'm usually up and moving around 5:30 in the morning and do my morning routines (news, breakfast, shower, etc.). I usually leave for work a little after 7 and don't get home until sometime after 6 PM. The mornings are tough for me sometimes because Sadie wakes up a little, usually ready for a morning feeding. I have to fight my urge to pick her up and cuddle her for a morning fix before leaving. She needs to sleep and feed and we're trying to condition her to a routine but it's tough. When I get home I give Carrie a kiss and then it's my time with Sadie. We chase each other around the house, we read, we spin around, we chase the cat (and the cat loves it), and I often give her a bath before Carrie puts her to bed. It's a lot of fun and I wish I could spend more time with her but we usually try to have some father-daughter time on the weekends.

No point to this really, just that kids can change your life, for the better if you let them.

2 comments:

CarrieAlair said...

I love this entry. Even though you don't have a ton of time to spend with her during the week, you certainly make the time with her matter. I love seeing how her face lights up when she hears you walk through the door.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Love you both!

Mom