Thursday, November 8, 2007

Interviewing

So I had the third phone interview in the course of 2 days with a large company out of Silicon Valley today. The first two were with company recruiters and the third this afternoon was with the CIO to whom the position reports.

The company is one that is almost a household name and, in the technology world, is respected but often viewed as being staid. I mean no disrespect but that is often the general perception. They build solid products and are extremely stable financially but their core product offerings aren't as exciting as some of their competitors.

After being contacted by them I did some basic industry analysis and reviewed their web site. I have to give them credit, while unbeknownst to many people they are really making an effort to revitalize business and approach the social networking/Web 2.0 with a lot of energy. I can appreciate the efforts as this is an area I'm excited about. In reading articles and interviews I've quickly grown to respect their efforts and am particularly intrigued about working for them although I really need to meet some people in person. I think some more P.R. work would be helpful to overturn some of the perception but I think that could happen easily enough.

No comments: